Torchwood subway sofa by Foomandoonian on Flickr.
captain jack harkness, i ship him with everyone
Due to a number of reasons I have decided to extend the giveaway, so it’s will now end 24th June 2013!
To view prizes in HD click [HERE]
when doctor who comes on (x)
So today after my family and I were on our way home from dinner, my brother said something to me that really kind of hurt me. I was joking with him and his comeback to me slapped me in the face with one of the things that stresses me out the most at this given moment in time… finding a job. I’ve been trying to find a teaching job for the fall for so long at this point, it feels like I’m just running in place because I haven’t seemed to have gotten anywhere, and he was playing off of that to get at me. Low blow, yet easy target.
Anywho, I texted one of my best friends about it because I knew I shouldn’t be dealing with it on my own because I would have eventually told myself that I was a failure and wasn’t going anywhere in this life (yeah… that’s what my mind does to me). She replied very quickly by telling me she wanted to punch him for me, and that I have a lot to be proud of and I shouldn’t let the comment get to me. That got me thinking about what sort of things I have done that I should be proud of.
I usually doubt my ability to do anything, and don’t really look at everything I should be proud of, so this was a little different for me. But in thinking about it, I came up with some things…
- I attended the same college for four years straight and graduated with the major I went in with.
- I lost 30 pounds on my own and have kept it off for 2+ years.
- I focused all of my attention of bettering myself through an education rather than settling for something that I didn’t truly want to do.
- Found something outside of my major that I’m passionate about.
- Set a goal for myself to move out on my own when I’m 25 (and preferably to California)
- Applying to jobs that will start a career that I truly want.
- Finding a way to work with children between school and finding a teaching position to use the skills I have actually learned.
I know it might not seem like much, but I feel like I really should be proud of the things I have accomplished and done for myself over the past four years. I’ve made mistakes, but hell, I’m human, it happens to everyone. The accomplishments I have achieved and the goals I have set for myself have really, truly shaped me into the person I am today. I’m a completely different person now than I was four years ago when I started college. The decisions I made through those four years is how I became the person I am, the person that my best friends and family love, and the person that people seem to enjoy hanging out with.
I have things I should be proud of, and I am saying all of this with the most confidence I have had in a little while. I’m proud of the person I’ve become and what I have done for myself.